Engine Mount Cores for 1966 Wildcat

48Super

I'm interested in buying a pair of motor mount cores for a 1966 Wildcat or Electra. These mounts are a one-year-only part and new ones are not available. I've found several vendors that offer a revulcanizing service for the mounts on an exchange basis ($$$). This is the only way I know of to get these mounts. I'd like to get another set of cores so I can leave my car intact while waiting for the replacements. I just recently purchased my '66 Wildcat and noticed the rubber portions of motor mounts are delaminating from the metal. The rubber looks practically new and It appears that they were replaced/redone by the previous owner of the car. Makes me wonder just how good the revulcanized mounts are. Any help or suggestions for a source of these parts would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

• 3 weeks later...

No, the standard Anchor 2219 mounts DO NOT fit. The correct mounts are only used on 1966 Wildcats and Electras. Anchor has the wrong part number listed for this application and, consequently, it is listed incorrectly everywhere else as well. I was fortunate enough to come up with a set of cores through another member of this forum who had parted out a '66 Wildcat. These mounts are now out at Steele Rubber to be revulcanized.

• 2 weeks later...

I may have a pair in my stash, but I'm packed up for a move to Seattle, WA. Once I get settled, I can check, but it might be a couple of weeks.

Let me know if you still need them, or if you have found any. They came from a Wildcat that I parted out.

I may have a pair in my stash, but I'm packed up for a move to Seattle, WA. Once I get settled, I can check, but it might be a couple of weeks.

Let me know if you still need them, or if you have found any. They came from a Wildcat that I parted out.

Seattle? Are you ever going to stay in one place?

Hopefully for the next 7 years, Roberta, then I can retire!

I just sent you an email earlier. Are you going to Portland for the National meet? I plan on driving down on Saturday the 25th and viewing the cars.

Let me know, it would be perfect to get that seatcover.