I couldn't stay away...

Mr. Anderson

Well, after a few months of being without a reatta, one finally popped up for the right price, and I went and jumped on it. I am the proud owner of a 1990 Red on Tan Convertible! :D It's a little rough around the edges, but I am really happy to own and work on this one. :)

post-91942-143142503929_thumb.jpg

Welcome back, nice score there. I should probably have done a post titled "can't GET away" when I picked up my 'vert, since I seem terminally afflicted with an acute Reatta addicton.

Anyway, your timing is about perfect for getting a drop top. Cruising weather is here for sure.

KDirk

Thanks! It's good to be back! I'm thinking that I might have the same problem that you have, but thankfully I don't have the money for more than one right now. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the weather stays nice for a while. After changing the accumulator, it'll be good to go! :) Well, as long as it doesn't rain...the weatherstripping is toast, and Im working on getting some indoor storage.

Thanks! It's good to be back! I'm thinking that I might have the same problem that you have, but thankfully I don't have the money for more than one right now. :rolleyes:

Hopefully the weather stays nice for a while. After changing the accumulator, it'll be good to go! :) Well, as long as it doesn't rain...the weatherstripping is toast, and Im working on getting some indoor storage.

The accumulators prices are the highest ($143.26 as of 5/9/14) I've seen them in a long time. If you can wait a while you will probably be able to buy one much cheaper. The prices fluctuate a lot and change often. A good price is $100-110. They are available in The Reatta Store.

Guest Mc_Reatta
Thanks Ronnie! I actually bought one last night from the reatta store, so hopefully that'll be here in a few days. The car also needs a full brake job, as in rotors and calipers (at least the fronts do, they stick).

Do the flex brake lines too as they may be causing the sticking. Consider doing the Lumina front brake upgrade while you're at it too.

Edited by Mc_Reatta (see edit history)

Thanks Ronnie! I actually bought one last night from the reatta store, so hopefully that'll be here in a few days. The car also needs a full brake job, as in rotors and calipers (at least the fronts do, they stick).
Thank you! If you have brakes sticking and not releasing or slowly releasing be sure to check the brake hoses. They can collapse on the inside and cause the brakes to stay locked.