1925 Dodge Touring radiator question

My current project is a 1925 Dodge touring car that I found on this site. The radiator has two bolts on the bottom to mount to the frame spaced 12 inches apart. The frame has two holes 15 1/2" apart. Should I have a bracket to mount the radiator or do I have the wrong year radiator? The lower outlet lines up with the block inlet pipe when the radiator is centered. Any help is appreciated.

Wayne

Hi Wayne, the correct radiator shell should have the bolts spaced to match the frame. The radiator itself has no bolts. I don't know if this spacing was different on the earlier DBs but someone here will know. It sounds like this was not assembled when you purchased it. Perhaps you have the rad for an earlier car. I have attached a couple photos of my 25 rad.

post-74074-143142493136_thumb.jpg

post-74074-143142493167_thumb.jpg

My '25 has the bolts 15-1/2" apart. The core flanges hold the core to the shell, the shell holds everything to the crossmember at bottom. Mike's radiator shows the correct one. The early Dodges had a much shorter radiator. Not sure when Dodge changed to the taller one. I don't see an early, short shell here for measuring purposes. Either way, a short shell won't do you any good, as the hood and other things won't line up at all. Perhaps someone put your bottom bolts in wrong or different holes in the correct shell?

Thanks for the information. The radiator was not installed on the car when I purchased it. Unfortunately the shell that doesn't fit has been chromed. I do have an extra shell that fits the holes in the frame but it needs some rust hole repair on the lower end. At least I know what to look for.