NOS Part Interchange info?

Guest RPM-Motorsports-Inc

We have purchased inventory from a closed dealer, lots of mopar/chrysler NOS parts.

Was looking for some help/ info on identifying more info/price/vehicle interchange on these part #'s.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank You.

-RPM Motorsports Inc

You can check around on line. There is some stuff. Best way to do it is to buy the parts books. Unfortunately from 1959-current day Mopar used a different parts book for every year. The hot years from pretty much 1959-1972 Go for 50-100.00 each. Then you need the truck books as well. They generally go for 4 year spans atleast. The earlier books pre 59 do come in lumped years such as 55-58, 40-54 but that book really only has good coverage for 50-54 in it. When you get into the 40's you may need a Book for each make. Then for earlier ones there is a Dodge Desto Chrysler and Plymouth book that will cover for each make separately from 1936-1942. Before that is another set of books. It's pretty expensive to get into unless the parts are really good. I wouldn't be surprised if you spent a couple thousand dollars on parts books to get them all and that's used. Some are very hard to find as well. I've been doing this for 5 years and still don't have all the books I need. I deal in anything old so I have had to buy the books for all kinds of different manufacturers including aftermarket brands.

If you were closer I would be interested in buying some of your inventory if you find it too time consuming or just reach a point where you are ready to move on to something different. I might still be interested if you are willing to ship. (some stuff you may never ID especially if it doesn't all have a part number on it, even some of the numbers just seem to not exist as they were carried for a very short time and either dropped or superceeded. )

Good luck.

Guest Henry White

What era is the stuff? If it has six digit numbers, or seven digit starting with a 1 or 2 then we may be able to help. Post a few numbers of some chrome or plastic lenses under 3004001

I have started going thru it all, from what ive found so far... its all 80's dodge/chrysler vehicles. Which i dont think is highly desired lol

Have been able to find some information online about the part, but not as much interchange / vehicle fitment as id like.

Anyone on here good with that era?

Guest Henry White

I no longer have books from that era, but dont give up it it yet. Truck parts of the 80's do sell, my buddy even sells Acclaim parts. It seems folks want parts for almost anything.

The closest thing ive found to truck parts is a van.

Otherwise its all little car parts.

Online is your best bet with newer parts. Run the number through ebay. Both as a current and Completed listing. If that doesn't produce anything do a Google search for it. There are a couple of sites that seem to have some numbers on them that I use including http://www.mymopar.com/index.php?pid=99

Alot of times you can use google images as well. They will pull up old Ebay pictures that are no longer in the system or links to sites with similar parts for sale. Some have the ID some don't.

Don't expect to get rich on 80's-90's parts. I've sold a few bunches I have had and usually a 100.00 motor will bring 25.00 new in the box eventually. I imagine you could run an ebay store with high prices but plan on sitting on the stuff for along time. If you run across some Daytona parts or some Cordoba or Foreign parts you may get a few decent sales. Most of that era is just not collected enough to be restored so you are selling to the used car trying to keep their car running market. The same applies for most of the 75 and up era cars for all of the big 3 with the exceptions being Camaro Firebird, Corvette, Mustang and some pickup applications.

Good luck. You never know maybe you will stumble across a few good trinkets that are older.

If you go back in time there were people who threw away boxes of stuff we prize today because they were not in demand and never will be worth much, at least they thought that at the time. Hard to say what will be the next collectible car.

Terry

Im going to post it all on ebay in a store, and will probably sit on it for a while, i was hoping to be able to find some more info on what vehicles it interchanged with to make the sales easier, but we'll see once i start going thru it all.