65 Fender emblem nuts

alini

Anyone know where to get some replacement nuts for the fender emblems. I bought new ones from CARS hoping they came with the emblem, but they dont. Not sure I have the right ones, they are 3/8s nut style retainers and I dont have enough.

Should be available from Home Depot, or Lowes in the fastener section, and probably any automotive supply store - take one of the old ones for comparison.

They cut their own thread into the emblem pins, so don't over-tighten them, as the pins may break off !!

You can also use a little dab of RTV silicone, or perma-gum in the speed nut recess to seal the holes for the pins.

Guest CARS, Inc.

Chris,

I took a little time to see what would fit on these emblems. It appears that the studs are approximately 0.135 OD. We offer thread cutting nuts for 1/8" studs which are a tad tight and a potential exists to snap off the stud while tightening as Randy Hunter mentioned. I also have "flat nuts" for 1/8" studs but I didn't like the feel (a little loose). If you want, I can send you a set of each so you can report back here with your opinion. PM me with your mailing address and I will send you some samples.

Jeff @ CARS, Inc.

OK Chris: I've had it with those darn speed nuts. In the early 80's I removed all the trim from my 65 Riv for paint and I put barrel fasteners in the holes to secure the emblems when I put them back on . Pretty simple. The peg from the emblem goes into the hole (a barrel with a micro flange on the end). They can also be pried off easily for the future . I'm sure we all get that concept, right? Mitch

Edited by lrlforfun (see edit history)

Guest rusty_bucket

I asked in another question but will post here as well. Do you have the clips for the rear first gen Riviera emblem? It has flat posts.