1964 Transmission help/question..

neatname

Hey all,

Hope everyone has made it through the winter. Over winter my '64 Rivi started leaking transmission fluid. It's a big enough leak for me to post about.

I've looked online, and I'm a bit confused on what transmission is/might be sitting in there. Read it could be ST400, TH400...all this reading has got me confused..

Also, I'm seeking the best gasket and seal kit, so if anyone knows of a good source..wanna pass it my way?

Thanks friends.

OK Neat Name: This tranny is basically a TH-375, or that's what the rebuild kit says. Similar inside to a Turbo-400 with a low/drive pernundal quadrant. As far as I know it's one of the cheepest and easiest trannys to rebuild. That's not the issue I would be worrying about. That 425 has 50 years under it's belt and even running great, that would scare the daylights outta me .Mitch

Look for easy to fix sources of your leak before going to a transmission shop. Check the transmission oil cooler lines, where they connect to the body of the transmission. I don't know why, but these lines have a tendency to loosen up and leak. Also check your pan bolts. Just make them all snug, do not over tighten.