California Rain

jonlabree

Hmmm. I clearly missed that episode. Must have occurred during my self imposed leave of abscence.

In all seriousness though, Steve and everyone else in CA should be catching and storing as much rainwater as possible while it lasts. Longer term trend seems to lean towards drought out there. Good for keeping those Reattas rust free but not so good for the state economy and evironment in general terms. Then again, drought may be their least pressing crisis.

KDIrk

Yeah, I put zero miles on my 'vert in Feb. Did take it out yesterday for a post office run. I was sending out a few Reatta parts, so it seemed apropos.

Decades ago, California put in a dam and reservoir system that could withstand five year droughts. Unfortunately over the past couple of decades, the system has been undermined by, ahem, "special interests". So a lot of that water that would normally get stored for times in need is now sent to the ocean. The Central Valley farmers have really gotten screwed. A few years ago the farmers erected sign after sign along I-5 and US 99 through the Central Valley, accusing the government (and certain U.S. senators and a former Speaker of the House by name) of creating the problem.