1933 Dodge sun visor part number?

keen25

I was informed that the Roadsters didn't have visors.

A convertible coupe and a roadster are two different animals and yes, the roadster did not have visors. Here is a Dodge convertible coupe with visors...these may not be original to the car.

post-37352-143142415931_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142415941_thumb.jpg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

In the learning mode. For 33-34 Dodge-Ply, the convertible were only made with folding windshield? 33-34 Chry-Desoto had the stationary windshield? So the folding windshield didn't have a visor? With that being said, did the Dodge-Ply have a convertible with stationary windshield?

Hi, Can any one send me the part numbers for the 1933 Dodge convertible coupe sun visor? The visor arms (left and Right), Visor to header bracket (left and Right)? thank you, Erick.

1933 Convertible Coupe MPB #s

No 1933 DP Parts book was ever printed to my knowledge

post-48869-143142416566_thumb.jpg

Dave--The 34 Plymouth and Dodge convertible coupes (with roll up windows) had fold down windshields. They also had at least one sunvisor (I believe the passenger side sunvisor was always an extra accessory). What makes it confusing is that the visor did not attach to the windshield frame but, rather, to the front top header. See the attached photo of a 34 Plymouth PE from a 1930s period French film, showing the visor attached to the header on a folded top. The visors, at least on the Plymouths, were different from the closed cars. The closed cars had a visor that was hung from one end, whereas the convertible had a 33 Dodge style visor, hung from both ends.

In the learning mode. For 33-34 Dodge-Ply, the convertible were only made with folding windshield? 33-34 Chry-Desoto had the stationary windshield? So the folding windshield didn't have a visor? With that being said, did the Dodge-Ply have a convertible with stationary windshield?

post-89602-143142416903_thumb.jpg

Dave--The 34 Plymouth and Dodge convertible coupes (with roll up windows) had fold down windshields. They also had at least one sunvisor (I believe the passenger side sunvisor was always an extra accessory). What makes it confusing is that the visor did not attach to the windshield frame but, rather, to the front top header. See the attached photo of a 34 Plymouth PE from a 1930s period French film, showing the visor attached to the header on a folded top. The visors, at least on the Plymouths, were different from the closed cars. The closed cars had a visor that was hung from one end, whereas the convertible had a 33 Dodge style visor, hung from both ends.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]237293[/ATTACH]

That is a neat picture. How did you find a picture like that? AMAZING!. Thanks for the education.

Dave--All I can say is that 'idle hands are the devil's playthings'. Whenever I'm on the web and run into something 30s Mopar and interesting, I save a copy for future reference. Can't recall how I found this one but I seem to recall there is a website listing cars in films, and I may have found it there. Attached is another still from the same film, confirming that the car is a 34 PE. SMB

post-89602-143142417981_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...