Cleaning conv top

AGUY

OK, my garage is filled with old stuff and the 05 tbird sits in the drive. Now in florida we get a lot of rain, sorry you guys up north, no snow but the top has developed black spots all over and it should be tan. How do I remove them? I tried several conv top cleaners but no difference. Anybody got a secret remedy? Top is cloth.

I almost hate to suggest this, but brake fluid. DOT 3. BUT THIS IS ALSO THE BEST PAINT REMOVER YOU CAN BUY. CAUTION: READ THIS THREE TIMES BEFORE YOU TRY. Pour a small amount of brake fluid on the top and spread it with a sponge. Let it sit for a few minutes. Scrub it with a brush. Hose it off with PLENTY of water. Water neutralizes the brake fluid and it will not strip the paint. But use plenty of water. Flow plenty of water down in all the channels where water can drain. Any of the brake fluid trapped in the body that is not neutralized can leach out and strip the paint. Again, READ THIS THREE TIMES BEFORE YOU TRY IT. I have done this many times to remove mold from a white vinyl top without damaging the paint.