Stromberg U2

Ltaylor

I have a Stromberg U2 carburetor That I bought 2 years ago for my 29 Dodge. While working on the car, I broke an ear on the carburetor, where it bolts to the exhaust manifold. I have had no luck finding anyone to repair it ( pot metal ) and either need to find a replacement for this piece or sell the other parts to recoup some of my money ( it was not cheep ). Any help out there?

Ltaylor

Guest Hudson33

Sorry about that story. If it is only good for parts why not try drilling a couple horizontal hole from the pieice to the base, and insert some small pins, vee out the crack top and bottom and use JB Weld?

If that fails then recoupe costs for parts

F

Edited by Hudson33
oops (see edit history)

Guest Hudson33

I like that as well, even better idea to drill and tap then JB Weld. I have used it on a carb and was not affected by gasoline and it solved the problem of fixing damaged threads.

F

I have an original U-1 carb which is nearly identical to the U-2(smaller throat size). I would never put it on my car though. The early die-cast metal is too volatile. At some point I will spend the money and a get new body from http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/ They seem to have a good reputation with Dodge owners.

Edited by richasco (see edit history)