1938 vs. 1939 running board trim

39BuickEight

Guest Grant Magrath

A guy makes them. Sells in pairs only.....

Buick Restoration Services, P.O. Box 442, Perry, MI 48872, can supply beautiful and correct stainless-steel running board moldings for 1934 thru 1940 cars. They're near-perfect. Mail them a self-addressed stamped envelope, and you'll be glad you did. My advice: use stainless steel washers and nuts when you mount them on your running boards.

Cheers

Grant

From emails on the 1937and1938Buicks yahoo group Jim Campbell (as above) is now not selling many or may have stopped making them.

Was a bunch of emails on this topic about July 2013

Edited by 1939_buick (see edit history)

Guest Grant Magrath

That's right.

When we were looking, he was still making them, but as I mentioned, only in pairs. Perhaps one of our USA based 39'ers can call the guy, find out, and post here?

Cheers

Grant

Hello:

Don't know if it helps but I have a 1939 sedan left side running board trim piece, rough. Some creative genius drilled and fastened it with sheet metal screws.

There are several businesses advertising stainless repair and polishing but I have never used one of them. If it is any good to you I'll let it go for almost any trade item for my 1939 convertible coupe project or a hot cup of coffee, you pay the freight.

Also have for a sedan the narrow trim pieces that surround the windows in pretty good condition, windshield and back glass stainless trim. Sell as a package or trade for a convertible coupe back glass and trim or a 1939 radio (who's a dreamer?).

Also, there is a 1939 sedan going for parts on Craigslist in San Jose, California. Cheers, Bob H