Stromberg UU-2 Carburetor Reproduction

Hello Everyone,<BR>There is a company based out of Australia which currently makes reproductions of the Stromberg U-2 and UX2 Carburetors. Since I receive many inquiries if I know where there are any used or other Stromberg UU-2 Carburetors out there, I contacted this company to see what they could do. They also make other reproduction parts for many marquees, below is a link to the web catalog for general items <A HREF="http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/Universal.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.vintageandclassicreproductions.com/Universal.htm</A> <BR>Now, if there is enough demand out there, they may reproduce the UU-2 Carburetor, if anyone is interested in a reproduction Stromberg UU-2 please post your interest here, with your contact information so I can get a feel for how many owners are interested. I know this carburetor was used on 1928 - 1930 Studebaker Presidents and I also believe Pierce Arrow of similar years. Below is a response they sent to our inquires; <P>Quote;<BR>"In reply to your e-mail - it is very hard to give an exact cost to reproduce this carby as we have not even seen one yet. We feel that the base will cost somewhere between $ 550-$600 each and the float tops would be somewhere around the $100 each. We are going to need a couple of samples to get the correct specifications from - is there enough out there to do this. I will need them for six months or so as it takes a lot of work to get this up and going. Also if you can rally enough people to order this carby they will be required to place a 50% deposit on placement of order. You may decide to start with only the float chamber top first and see how that goes and if all are happy then work on the base. Let us know your thoughts.<P>Regards Glenn"<P>Unquote<P>Again if anyone is interested in pursuing this, please send me an e-mail or post your response here.<BR>ASCwebmaster<BR>webmaster@antiquestudebakerclub.com