Indian chout

gilletman

Hello,

This is a question for the motorcycle enthousiast. Does anyone know if the Indian factory ever produced Indian chouts. this is a indian with 1920ties scout and chief engine.

I have been told that Indian during the war deliverd those bikes of factory, using overstock pieces.

Or those have been build onley from private 'go faster' builders?

thanks for all responces.

You may want to go over to The Jockey Journal and ask. There are some very knowledgeable Indian guys there. I don't believe the factory ever built a Chout. I think Max Bubeck built the first one, or at least the earliest one I know about. There are a few Chout owners/builders over there

Does anyone know if the Indian factory ever produced Indian chouts. this is a indian with 1920ties scout and chief engine.

I wouldn't have thought so. The 20's Scouts only ever had the 37ci or the 45ci side valves. There were some factory OHV 45ci racers made in 1926, but nothing bigger than that. I haven't seen any reference before of a 61ci or 74ci Chief engine in a smaller frame.

Guest charger49

Chouts were not sold by the factory, but scout frames can be modified to fit Chief engine these were done privately and not by the Indian Factory.