Disturbing details...65 Riv trailing arm bushings

RockinRiviDad

20 hours ago, Dundee said:

James at best offer took supply of those..

I just took a look at all the items listed on Ebay: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_ssn=bestoffercounts&store_name=bestoffercountsbuickparts&_oac=1&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197

Lots of good stuff. And it is all new. When was the last time GM or one of their suppliers made a run of any of the mentioned alternate numbers? Anything out there has to be old stock, probably a couple decades old if not more. $400 is not such a bad price for fresh stock on a limited volume part.

Makes me remember a local car salesman back in the early 1970s who was whining about the cost of a new convertible top for a '57 Chevy he had., pretty close to the price of the bushing kit. I asked him how much the old car was worth. Well, that sure changed the tune. Sell that broke down old Riviera that needs repairs. See what cars Rock Auto sells the cheapest parts for and use all cheap parts... like a first gen Mustang. Last restored Mustang I sat in had a bunch of condiment in it front the last few restaurants the guy had been to, the all time symbol of frugality.

11 hours ago, Dundee said:

👏Exactly Tom! This is why making quality today isn’t rewarded as the consumer doesn’t want to spend a lot of money. They would rather buy another one if it breaks and I am sure you would understand what went into making something like that as a small batch. 
they look good to me I just hope I don’t need to get a set and pay the shipping to bring them back to Australia….👇

They are EXCELLENT!

Yes, I have the correct size OEM bushings in stock that the 3 Australians had made. I actually just got 100 sets of 6 bushings in stock back in August.

I have sold over 90 "sets of 6" of these bushings and everyone who has bought them really liked them. I recommend replacing all 6 bushings if you are replacing any as this is the correct way to do it.

I am currently selling them 2 different ways on my direct website as well as ebay. I recommend my direct website as the parts are priced better on it (CHEAPER!) :

1) A listing for 6 control arm bushings found in the link below on my direct website:

https://bestoffercounts.com/product/1963-1964-1965-buick-riviera-rear-control-arm-bushings-6-rear-axle-63-64-65-new/

2) A listing for 6 control arm bushing with the 2 track bar bushings in the link below:

https://bestoffercounts.com/product/1963-1964-1965-buick-riviera-rear-control-arm-bushings-track-bar-63-64-65-new/

My prices on both my direct website and my ebay store are LESS than Cars Inc and Rare Parts. Cars is selling Rare Parts modified bushings. Rare Parts is currently getting $134.55 a piece (I am drastically less than that).

Also, remember these bushings were never sold by themselves from Buick (you had to buy the complete control arm with installed bushings).

Getting small batches of parts made today is more expensive than what the big corporate companies can do, hence the price is where it is to be able to make a profit.

I am happy to answer any questions on these bushings or any other Riviera parts. Feel free to call or text me at 215-767-0845 or you can email me at james@bestoffercounts.com. Thank you!

James

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, Bestoffercounts said:

Also, remember these bushings were never sold by themselves from Buick (you had to buy the complete control arm with installed bushings).

That's what I bought from the Buick Farm years ago, assembled control arms. And they were old stock.

A little warning, the reason I bought them was because I was moving the car around without the track bar installed. Don't do that. If you did run a straight edge along your control arms.

• Like 1