I know there is a couple of posts on Hershey finds on the meet and tour section of the forum, but I felt some of our Hershey discoveries this year would also fit here. Despite the rain, I managed a few good finds in my wanderings. Decided to have the booth open and uncovered on Wednesday this year and as the weather forecast deteriorated I began to wonder if I'd get any hunting time in before everything got covered up. I'd already spoken with a few fellow brass collectors who wandered by and the general report was there wasn't much out there that wasn't priced at the top of the scale. Later in the morning a guy walked up to my space and offered me a package deal on some lights. The lot included some newer electric headlamps and also a wonderful couple of Dietz bail handled side lamps. Icing on the cake however was this fantastic BRC Self-Generating headlamp in really wonderful condition. It's the kind of stuff I dream about finding every year. My plan is to come home with at least one nice piece of brass for my collection and this year I'd say I hit a home-run. I'd helped this person out with some parts a year or so back, and he remembered, so came right over and knowing I was a collector, made me the offer. It pays to treat folks right.

Among my other goodies were some nice early advertising trinkets, a couple of buttons to add to my collection of early duster buttons, some nice early paper items, a great 1900s auto print and a super early ladies fan with an early motoring scene illustrated on it. Will try to get a few more pics added later.

post-30751-143142247891_thumb.jpg

post-30751-143142247901_thumb.jpg

Nice finds, and you can't beat having brass lights walk up to your spot! Very nice self generating light......

And you're correct on treating people properly, the antique car world is actually small when it comes to knowing people, and a reputation, good or bad, is spread quickly and long remembered.....

Great stuff Terry. A couple years ago one of my boys bought a little brass birdcage at Hershey. Believe it was a sample/model of a larger one.