Sunday Drive

Guest shadetree77

Guest shadetree77

Mrs. Shadetree and I had a wonderful Sunday outing in the Buick. We took old Highway 41 down to the Covered Bridge Park in Euharlee, GA and took a few pictures. You can't actually drive across the bridge as it is not safe for cars anymore but you can get out and walk across. They have cement poles blocking both sides of the bridge. Through some photo magic I was able to make the poles disappear. Absolutely beautiful scenery here. I was going to put these in the Autumn Buicks thread but it is still almost entirely green here in Georgia. I'm planning to go back in about a month and get some nice fall colors in the pictures. My Wife took one of me inside the bridge. I wanted to post it also to give you a glimpse of how the inside is constructed.

95ja.jpg

79sm.jpg

afal.jpg

o71m.jpg

We also drove over to nearby Cartersville, GA to visit Dellinger Park where we were married. It's a beautiful little park with a large lake. The lake has two geyser fountains and a gazebo that sits in the middle. We got married in the gazebo 9 years ago.

sy11.jpg

8i4k.jpg

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

Beautiful day and location. How great it must feel to be there in the vehicle you both refurbished together. Has mrs shadetree driven it yet? Thanks for posting the pictures. This is a part of the Buick Club experience most members will never get to enjoy.