Door Identification

cricket-ny

Came across two sets of doors and need some help identifying. The first set was labeled Thomas but I have been told by a reliable source that no Thomas' are missing doors. There is also a removable top section that would have gone over the Drivers section.(not pictured). The doors measure 25&7/8" by 52 & 1/4". The second set of doors are a left front and rear with demensions of 31" by 44" high. They have a notch out in the top for a door stop to fold into and have a part number stamped in the wood of both door jambs of 15778. This set of doors are clad in aluminum skins. Any help with identification would be appreciated as I believe they are headed to the scrap yard.

Thank you for any info.

Chris

post-92993-143142212021_thumb.jpg

post-92993-143142212025_thumb.jpg

post-92993-143142212027_thumb.jpg

post-92993-14314221203_thumb.jpg

post-92993-143142212033_thumb.jpg

post-92993-143142212035_thumb.jpg

I also noticed the lack of a raised bead on the edges of the doors. I thought perhaps on the aluminum body models they didn't have it. I also saw on second look they are labeled as "Thomas Town car". The Thomas company made the Flyer as in the New York to Paris Racw but I think they were history when these doors were made. Maybe there was another Thomas.

Although I don't think any exist, Thomas did make early teens closed cars like these doors appear to belong to. I would be willing to bet they were leftovers from a rebodying effort from closed car to open. I don't know who your Thomas contact is but there could be a Thomas closed car out there misssing doors. Harold Coker of Chattanooga is awfully knowledgeable about Thomas and has a large Thomas collection. I'm sure he'd be interested in hearing about these doors.

Thanks for the input. Your idea of a rebody sounds the most likely. The top which went over the Chauffeur is also available as are two sliding glass windows with bevelled glass which would have seperated the driver from the passenger. The top was removable. The second set of doors are the aluminum skinned doors. I would like to identify them as they are in excellent condition. Thanks for the replys so far.