65 Riviera Gran Sport for sale on EBAY

Crazy4cruz

Saw this EBAY add this morning. Car is located in Yorba Linda CA. I'm relatively new to the world of first gen Rivi's but wouldn't a number matching 65 Gran Sport be going for a lot more than $16K ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Buick-Riviera-Gran-Sport-1965-buick-riviera-gran-sport-numbers-matching-w-protecto-plate-dual-quad-/300968117874?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4613190672&vxp=mtr#ht_10748wt_882

Seems like an honest description. Buyer has to plan on an engine rebuild. I'd want to confirm it has the BS code tranny and 3.42 axle and see the POP. Most likely a GS but always good to check all.

Chris, the VIN is listed up above in the general template info.

Against - Needs engine, body/paint and clamshell motor. For: Being mostly rust free where it counts is a big plus. Yea, $16k is probably on the high end but not overly so for a CA car.

Guest Dialtone

Yes I saw it. It's listed on craigslist too. And I believe they dropped the price I believe from 18k to 15.5k. I'm like 15mins from Yorba Linda. I was thinking of going to check it out the other day because I'm looking for a Rivi. But for that price was just too high. I know it's a 65 GS and claiming to be #'s matching. Part of me still wants to go look at(just to see it) it even tho I picked a 64 Rivi on Saturday for 1/3 of the asking price of that 65 in Yorba Linda.

Guest Dialtone
From what I see, I think that every part of the car will need attention. 16K is too high for just a pair of four barrel carbs, and some emblems when everything else is considered. I fyou have to go through everything, you might as well start with something more like this. http://forums.aaca.org/f177/65-gs-atlanta-area-357345.html

Ed

Ed I agree with you 100% Tho I am not looking to pick up a 65 or anyting right now. I just bought a 64 Rivi this past Saturday. I'll make a thread and post some pics of it soon. Once I get the pics on my PC.

• 2 weeks later...