Detailed Engine Bay Diagram for First Gen Rivs

Guest dwhiteside64

Guest dwhiteside64

Hi all,

I was hoping someone here knows where I can get a diagram of the engine bay for my '64 Riviera (with air conditioning). Something that has all the components listed (big and small) and where they are physically (with numbering). I am trying to get better acquainted with the nailhead engine and want to know what all the parts under the hood are. The pics in my service manual aren't the greatest, and it is difficult for me to locate what each part is using this source.

Thanks

greetings, Darren! Look on Ebay Motors, Classic Cars, Buick, Riviera.......occasionally you will find a perfect '64, usually being sold by a dealer or broker, with extensive high quality photos of all parts of the car from all angles. I use this method often as a reference for restoring my '65. You might be able to compare the engine bay photos to the faded diagrams in your shop manual and figure out what goes where and what it should look like. Good luck, Drew

Hi all, The pics in my service manual aren't the greatest, and it is difficult for me to locate what each part is using this source.

Thanks

I've found that you have to look at a bunch of illustrations to get the idea of what goes where. One big illustration does not have room to label everything.

Ed

Guest dwhiteside64

Thanks Drew and Ed. I can probably come up with a three view of the engine bay and methodically label each component as I identify it. If it turns out the way I desire, I will share it with others here on the forum.