Noisy Clutch

juanatejeda

Just noticed a Nose coming from the clutch when I engaged it this last time I took it to a show. Fortunately I only drive it from the trailer to where it was displayed, but I did notice the nose when I first started to drive it out of the trailer and I engaged the clutch. I haven't checked it out as of yet, but if anyone has anything that might help, it would be appreciated.

It's on a 1927 Dodge Brothers Four Screen. Drive train was assembled in 26, the truck came off the assembly line in late 27.

Thanks

Juan

The sound, at this point, is just a rattling sound, not very loud, but definitely a sound that was not there the last time I drove the truck. I heard it when I engaged the clutch pedal and I could feel a slight vibration on the pedal as I engaged and held the clutch down to put the truck in gear.

Could it be that the clutch bearing needs a little grease?

Guest DodgeKCL

Although I agree the problem could be the throwout bearing,I've never had a throwout assembly go from dead quiet to noisy in such a short time. It sounds more like the fork assembly or arm pivot have jumped out of place. Something like that. In any case I wouldn't use the truck again until you find the problem as it sounds like you could break a hard to find part and do lots of damage to the clutch mechanism.

I guess I should add that, after the show when I drove the truck back to the trailer, I didn't hear noise or feel anything in the pedal. I will have it checked out and the driving I do is very minimal. Usually only from trailer to where it's going to be parked. Once in awhile we do parades, but not that often. I will make sure we check it out ASAP. Thank you all for your input.

Think I'll start by making sure that the bearing gets some nice fresh grease.....