Vermont

Guest Dodge1939D11

Guest Dodge1939D11

Hey folks,

I am a new member and actually quite new to the Classic Car community. Up until about a week ago I enjoyed seeing vintage cars driving down the road and that was about it. Last Friday I found a 1939 Dodge Luxury Liner Deluxe on Craig's list for a reasonable amount, test drove it and will be picking it up this weekend from the seller.

It does need some interior work, but really the car is in good condition with some very minor cosmetic issues. I am posting a photo of the car from last weekend and will add more once she is in my driveway.

He has the bumpers but they are in rough shape. I will be sand blasting and getting them refurbished ASAP. 6emu9umu.jpg

Guest Dodge1939D11

One of the lights is broken at the very end, I will be replacing it. The car is just plain awesome although my wife is calling it "Honeymoon" as we never had one and the car could have paid for a nice one LOL

Guest Henry White

I had one just like it 25 years ago. A D-11S. It was too rusty to justify a restoration so I pulled the running gear and sold it to my buddy who rodded it. I sold the radio for more than I got for the car. All my chrome goodies are gone except a couple NOS front bumper guard brace bars, but I have some nos mechanical & electrical items if you find you need some. 1940 bumpers look the same, but they're not.

I think you did good buying that old Dodge. Congrats on the purchase! Do you plan to finish the paint job?, and what color? It appears it's in primer, which is porous and the steel will rust if not protected with a finish coat. What a fun car that is! and pre-war to boot! Those '39 Dodges were so smooth and quiet going down the road and a joy to drive. If you drive it in the rain and your windshield wiper won't keep up, try using "Rain-X" it works pretty good!

Guest Henry White

If I remember correctly my 39 had electric wipers, but if it was done the same as 1940 it could have vacuum or electric depending on how fancy it was. In 1940 the D-17 had vacuum, while the D-14 had electric. Rain-X is always nice though.

I should have a new NOS temperature gauge for the 39, but I dont have a wiper motor. I also have starter switches, seals, U-joint kits, and misc, all are correct NOS Mopar / Autolite brand. In case you should need any.

LOL thanks - I also collect vintage fedoras. That one is a 1941 or 1942 Stetson Vitafelt Eagle Medalist.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]212178[/ATTACH]

Now Ive heard it all

Guest Henry White

I do not have a steering box. I do have some misc nos front end parts such as wheel bearings, seals, king pins, control arm lits etc.