1957 Buick door hinge pins

Guest jamesgipson82

Guest jamesgipson82

My dad and I have a 1957 Buick Special 4 door hard top. We were going to replace the door hinge pins, but cant seem to find them anywhere. Are they available for this car, or can another model's pins be used?

Thanks!

James

James,

If you are just replacing the pins, all you have to do is "mike" the pin and find some cold rolled steel bar that size. You could get fancy and use "drill rod" which is heat treated.

A friend of mine recently used drill rod for his '60 Vett and had a local machine shop cut a small groove in the top and bottom for "C" clips.

Mike in Colorado

Guest jamesgipson82

We were just talking about this yesterday, were going to probably replace both the pins and bushings on all 4 doors at the same time. Cars was the first place I went, but I didnt see them listed. Do they have more inventory than what is displayed on the web, if I call and talk to someone?

Thanks,

James

• 1 month later...
Guest -Otto-

I was thinking this same... maybe those those door hinge pins are similar in tri-year chevys? Lock in lockpillar seems to be similar in 57 Buick and 58 Chev. If they are same, then it should be easy; you can buy those chevy parts from everywhere...