Das Awkscht Fescht 2013

Guest ktm858

Guest ktm858

Just returned from Macungie after the show and as usual if you didnt attend the show you missed a great one. Perfect weather and beautiful cars along with some great people made it a spectactular show. The feature brand this year was Buick and there were some beautiful examples. Ill try to get some pictures posted here if I can figure it out.

My question, where were all of the Metropolitans and Crosleys? The Mets used to arrive in a swarm, numbering 30 or so. Saturday and Sunday saw 8 and 10 respectively. And Crosley, after being the feature car last year with a large turnout, only saw 4 or 5. What happened?

Guest dick beckley

I saw at least 20 Mets on Sunday, admittedly less than in past years. The # of cars overall was down, especially on Sat as the rain kept them away on Sat. Also a lot of griping among participants about the cheap Chinese tin trays given each day for participation awards. Really cheesy and to me, not worth hanging around until 3 PM for. We left early on Sunday ourselves. The Buick exhibit was impressive but I expected more cars. I was with the Buicks on Saturday but switched allegiance on Sunday to be with my Woodie Club buddies. We had 15 woodies on Sunday including my 53 Model 59 Estate Wagon. The best weather in years for this meet!

I saw at least 20 Mets on Sunday, admittedly less than in past years. The # of cars overall was down, especially on Sat as the rain kept them away on Sat. Also a lot of griping among participants about the cheap Chinese tin trays given each day for participation awards. Really cheesy and to me, not worth hanging around until 3 PM for. We left early on Sunday ourselves. The Buick exhibit was impressive but I expected more cars. I was with the Buicks on Saturday but switched allegiance on Sunday to be with my Woodie Club buddies. We had 15 woodies on Sunday including my 53 Model 59 Estate Wagon. The best weather in years for this meet!

On Sunday they gave a pair of heavy crystal commerative beer mugs with the 50th anniversary logo enscribed on the side. Pretty nice! I took over 200 pictures on Sunday. See my slide show below. (My car is the orange Cutlass)

Guest Skyking
My question, where were all of the Metropolitans and Crosleys? The Mets used to arrive in a swarm, numbering 30 or so. Saturday and Sunday saw 8 and 10 respectively. And Crosley, after being the feature car last year with a large turnout, only saw 4 or 5. What happened?

Saturday there were 11 Mets and Sunday there were 10.................the least amount ever!! I and my son take two every year in his 28' trailer, but this year he had other engagements and couldn't make it and I wasn't about to drive a Met 300 miles on the freeway so I drove my '62 Buick convertible, more comfy......... I thought the turnout for Buicks was good and I did find some Metropolitan parts in the flea market, so I can't complain. The trays they gave out did surprise me because I received some good gifts in the past. I guess everyone is cutting back. That wouldn't stop me from going again next year. This show is the most organized show I go to.

Cutlasguy, did you notice the Oldsmobile club is NOT listed on next year's registration? Omitted, deleted?
I was shocked also. When I arrived this year, there was not a sign of the Blue/Gray Chapter or their tent. They were scheduled to host the Olds class this year as they had in the past. Nobody to park cars either. Das Awkscht Fescht was deleted from their show lineup as well on their website. Something happened!

For the Crosleys, I have to apologize to the Ontelaunee region. The Two of us that usually drive the Crosley effort Barry Seel and myself were otherwise occupied. My wife passed away in May and I just can't seem to get the fire back in me to go to a lot of shows unless I am already committed to them. Barry took a new job that has him on the road 7 days a week. We will have to find someone new to push the effoet.