EARLY ALL BRASS HOOD 1900-1903 era, WHAT IS IT?

mikewest

I bought a collection of Franklin Parts today and in the group was this very early all brass hood. It must of had side panels at one time. Id be interested if its from a known maker or is it most likely a one-off. Steam maybe.. Thanks Mike post-32292-143142122826_thumb.jpg

post-32292-143142122777_thumb.jpg

post-32292-143142122803_thumb.jpg

Guest prs519

Sorry, no info was given for the photo, which I pirated from the Hamb. When I saw the hood, I was reminded of this post. The post was within fifty pages or so of the end of the Hamb posting; that's the best I can remember. This Hamb thread of vintage photos went viral, and has its own much appreciated status. Check it out if you haven't already. You may even run across a picture of Keiser in his youth:cool:

Sorry, no info was given for the photo, which I pirated from the Hamb. When I saw the hood, I was reminded of this post. The post was within fifty pages or so of the end of the Hamb posting; that's the best I can remember. This Hamb thread of vintage photos went viral, and has its own much appreciated status. Check it out if you haven't already. You may even run across a picture of Keiser in his youth:cool:

I was actually pretty surprised to see an early photo of myself and my first 1931 Dodge on the "Vintage shots of days gone by" thread on the H.A.M.B.!