Is this a 1933 Studebaker Victioria Brougham?

This car in the black and white photo is in the "What is it" forum and I say it is a 1933 Studebaker Victoria Brougham. Is it? The blue car is why I guessed that since it is nearly identical....minus the sidemounts.

post-37352-143142122135_thumb.jpg

post-37352-14314212217_thumb.jpg

post-37352-143142122172_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Good Old Days

Hi Kaiser31!

can you please give me more info on the blue Studebaker from the pictures above? It's clear this is an older Dutch registration. i hold the Studebaker European prewar Register and I missed this car! I really would like as much info on this car to keep my Register up to date! Anyone who knows pre war Studebakers to exist in Europe, please let me know, I often help owners from the same models to compare their info!

Thank you and happy motoring!

Carine

Thank you so much for the verification. Some do not agree with us.

The "some" probably don't know early Studebakers!! The car in the b-w photo you provide can further be identified as either a model 56 Six or a Commander Eight (model 73). These two models were identical except for the drive train. Note how the lower portion of the door is notched to clear the rear fender. This was a characteristic of these two models only. On the longer President model 82 the door opening comes straight down flush with the front of the rear fender, it is not notched. And on the big Speedway President (92) there is a approx 6" space between the lower edge of the door and the rear fender. Incidentally there are no known survivors of the model 92 St Regis. It is hard to tell what model the blue car is but definitely not the Speedway.

post-30776-143142122653_thumb.jpg

There are no production figures by body style available. The St Regis body is perhaps the most scarce of all those made in the 1932-33 model years. As I mentioned there are NO Speedway President St Regis cars known to exist and probably fewer that a half dozen of the smaller models.

• 5 years later...

The car you picture, I believe, is a model 73 (think Commander 8). It was being driven by a good friend, now deceased, at that meet. Mary and I, kind of half jokingly, tried to see what he would take in trade for the car. No matter what we offered we were rebuffed (the offers of traded and cash got a bit ridiculous) but still no movement. We later found out that he was in partnership with a man who actually held the purse stings. So he couldn't have dealt it to us if he had wanted to. My friend had let me drive the car on a previous trip to his place in eastern Washington, but that was the first time Mary had seen it, and she was agog over it.

Bill