1956 Wiper help

VickyBlue

When the car was painted back in the 70's, who ever installed the wipers, did not use all parts up front... (Thanks Willie :)) I just had the motor redone by the wiperman and it works. However, I am not sure what parts I need up front as the service manual that I have does not show the wiper system. It seems they only installed the cables and shafts from under dash and nothing else outside the car by the cowling. I did get on ebay but before I make a purchase, I would like to know if anyone could post a picture of the wiper base and tell me which of these parts (if not all) I need. This is what I have so far.

post-81824-143142114468_thumb.jpg

I don't know if the 55 bezel will fit the 56. This is from ebay: Do I need them both or just one and which one?

post-81824-143142114501_thumb.jpg

post-81824-143142114495_thumb.jpg

Guest NikeAjax

Gosh, those look exactly like the ones on my '56... install them ALL by order of size, from largest to smallest.

Jaybird

My 55 would use both bezels and the nuts...I don't recognize the flat pieces. You will need to remove the top of the dash and loosen the braces that hold the pivots in place... a little tricky. Put some sealer or glue a thin gasket on the bottom of the bezels. Make your own spanner wrench to tighten the nuts. While the top is off the dash, hook up hoses to the squirters. Any new on your a/c?

Willie

Guest NikeAjax

The "flat pieces" act as guides, and if you'll pardon my super high tech verbiage, "holder-onners"... check it out yo:

205819d1375110802-1956-wiper-help-wipers.jpg

right about in the center of the image, you can see the channel that the holder-onners fit into: keeps em from flyin' OFFT(off);), it's got some white paint in it, just in case ya miss it...

Jaybird

Nothing with the A/C yet. It is so hot in the garage, I can't even breathe... Email me Mike's number, I might drive up to Austin and say hi and see how I can do this...

$65 plus shipping for "holder-onners" Jaybird... $20 for the bezels and the nuts.