Monitor work

uwcharliet

I am in the amusement device industry. For twenty years, I have used one fellow to repair bar top games, pinball machines, and various amusement consoles such as golf games, Donkey Kong, etc.

I approached my guy today and explained about the need for a good electronics man to repair monitors, dash panels, etc. on Reattas. The similarity of what he does daily and what I often see needed on the Forum is striking. I have the famous intermittent dash screen (speedometer) on my 1990, and I am going to give him the job. Any one who wants to follow up on my guy as a source for electronic work should check back with me. He is an honest man with a great work ethic, and I know he will not take on a project without the confidence to solve the problem. There is nothing in this for me other than the pleasure of helping others find a proper source to fill a need.

Guest 88reattacoupe

I would be willing to give your man a try. But, I have to have an idea of cost ? Will you be doing the deal between you and me ? Or, are you thinking of handing it all to him ? I would prefer interacting with you on this first one. I have two CRT's that need repair. The one I would like to do first has a lit up horizontal line through the center of the screen. Give me an idea on how you would like to do this.

Guest my3buicks

Maybe out of line here, but for CRT repair wouldn't your money be better spent with a rebuilder that is tried and true??

A new source for repair work is always welcomed. However, I would want to hear a review from you about how your monitor repair turns out before sending him more work. Once he is established as a reliable Reatta monitor repairman I would be happy to add him to the vendor list on my website.

Edited by Ronnie (see edit history)

Everybody wants the experienced guy. Where does he get the experience?

Does he pop out of the womb with it? Does he (she) lean up against the item and, through osmosis, gain the knowledge?

What?

If the guy would fix a few CRT's gratis or at minimal $ so we could try him out and he could gain some experience, I think that would be a win/win for all.

John F.

Guest steveskyhawk

Good rebuildable cores are quite valuable. If this new guy is not willing to buy the cores and buy a signal generator (Kent Moore test tool) then he is dead in the water. It is not up to anyone to provide anything. I pay $50 for rebuildable cores. They must have a blemish free touchscreen and have never been tampered with. My overhauler provides a 2 year warranty. Experience is included.

Guest steveskyhawk

Yes and I still have my Cessna 172. It is a Skyhawk thus the email address. I flew it Friday. It is parked in my Reatta hangar

Guest Corvanti

is she parked at Brackett Field? i did a few "touch and go's" there in a Piper Cub in '74. (not mine:))...

on topic - any new folks that can take on the repair in a satisfactory manner should be welcomed by us that do not have skin in the game. let us know how it goes....

Edited by Corvanti (see edit history)

Guest steveskyhawk

Yes, it is at Brackett! Nice little airport. I bought that little plane and flew it from Corona, CA to Albany NY ( round trip) when I had 160 total hours.