1967 Mercury Comet Cyclone GT

Guest dill_yizzy_408

Guest dill_yizzy_408

Hi, my name is Dylan and that car listed in the title and pictured in my profile pic has been my dream resto car for quite some time...and searching for them is really tough because there are not that many around from what I have seen (and not that many were made to begin with). I have done much extensive research on the 1967 Mercury Cyclone GT, enough to know that the GT came standard with a 390 and had the option to be built with a factory installed R-code 427 (however only 19 R-code 427's were installed in the Cyclone in 1967...and much more that I could talk your ear off about. I am looking for a running, hard-top, at least mostly original, preferrably 4-speed Cyclone GT that doesn't need much work to be put back to its shine again. Please let me know if you or someone you know has one for sale in or in any of the surrounding states of California (because thats where I currently live). If you do respond, please try to include some attached pics and details about the car. Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Dylan, my friend has a very nice original 1967 Mercury S55 Convertible with the 428 Super Marauder which has had a recent cosmetic restoration including new paint and top. It has a known history from new, and having traveled through only a few owners, the provenance and documentation accompanying the car make it a rare find. The car runs and drives without fault. Let me know if this is something that you would like to pursue and I would be happy to put you in touch. He's looking for $25k. Its a very nice car as I have personally inspected it. Hope this helps your quest.

post-72829-143142236642_thumb.jpg

post-72829-143142236647_thumb.jpg

Hi Dylan, I commend you on your choice. I have been a Cyclone fan for many years. They are fairly rare , but do pop up now and then. The Ford equivalent Fairlane GT seems to be a little more common. I don't know of any currently for sale but I have seen a number of them on Ebay. They seem to be a realatively inexpensive early muscle car, just few and far between. A friend had several over the years , convertables and HT's and even a rare first gen. 1965 HT. Unfortunately he passed away several years ago and the cars were sold. Another friend has a 1966 HT 390 4spd. {not for sale} he has owned it for 20 + years and it's his favorite car. I own a 1969 Cyclone CJ , 428 ram air, C6, bucket's /console. I have had it since 1986 and it's also not for sale. Good luck with your search , they are definitely out there. Greg in Canada

• 4 years later...