Reliable and cost efficient car carrier needed

chris_58

Hi everybody,

Please excuse if this is the wrong forum to ask this question.

I am moving from Chesapeake, VA to Hendersonville, NC and will have to have two cars transported there. The moving company that takes care of the household goods contacted a car carrier they work with and quoted me $1,740 per car for the less than 500 miles move.

Does anyone know of a good, reliable and cost efficient car carrier company? Or is $3,480 for two cars a going rate?

Both cars are in working condition and can be driven on/into the trailer.

Thanks,

Chris

These guys made me happy: Get it Done Transportation | Crossroads of Integrity and Professionalism

Imagine, making me happy!

I bought a car in Racine, Wi. that had a knock in the engine for shipment to western New York. I figured if it had a knock it ran so you could hear it; Nope. Wouldn't start, in a residential area and had to be towed to the transport truck.

I gave them the OK on a Wednesday at 6 PM. The car was in my garage by 10 AM Saturday morning. The driver was happy and smiling when he arrived. He got a tip and there is a thumbs up from me on their website.

I'll used them again but next time I want to hear the knock over the phone.

Bernie

Soundsl like way too much money to go 500 miles.

Shipping cars is all about personal experience.

I like DeMoise. I think they are out of the Carolinas somewhere.

They shipped my Ford woodie to a collector in California &

shipped a pristine 73 LeSabre Custom 455 to Connecticut

from here ...60 miles west of Chicago. Both without incident.

The woodie was about $1800 and the LeSabre was about $1200.

Great equipment and family run.

My negative experiences with Passport are legendary! In my opinion...Pass up Passport!

mike

Guest 54fins

I would think you could do both on an open carrier in the $1000 range for that short haul. Enclosed trailers are a different issue and don't think they won't get damaged. If the car is a trailer queen, I suspect you would have a trailer. If not, I would drive them down. That's the fun of having them and that is a relatively short haul.

Pssst. Did you call the guy?

"These guys made me happy: Get it Done Transportation | Crossroads of Integrity and Professionalism

Imagine, making me happy!

I bought a car in Racine, Wi. that had a knock in the engine for shipment to western New York. I figured if it had a knock it ran so you could hear it; Nope. Wouldn't start, in a residential area and had to be towed to the transport truck.

I gave them the OK on a Wednesday at 6 PM. The car was in my garage by 10 AM Saturday morning. The driver was happy and smiling when he arrived. He got a tip and there is a thumbs up from me on their website.

I'll used them again but next time I want to hear the knock over the phone.

Bernie"