1955 Steering wheel question

Earl B.

Part book says all 55-56 rings the same. Different part #'s for different color or hard/flex wheels. Same # for all 55 models if hard black. Leads me to believe all the same other than color/type plastic.........Bob

Actually I paraphrased. The exact terms the book uses are "Flex." and "Non-flex." The abbreviations list doesn't define Flex. I take it to mean flexible as in a softer type plastic but I would not bet the farm on it. All the colored wheels appear to be Flex. but the black could be either. It appears the 40 series came stock with a black Non-flex but could be had with a flex. My take is that all the wheels will interchange but to absolutely correct you might need watch material and color. For example the 40 & 60 converts and Supers and Roadies all show using Flex. wheels. If you wish I could scan and send you the parts book page and you can puzzle over it yourself.....................Bob

Well, the wheel I was after has been sold... Just how things go sometimes... but, for next time, I now know to go for it since a flex will fit no matter from what car, so, all this I think helped to educate many of us.. thank you all for the help, B