dressing up spark plug wires and a/c hoses

rocky5517

It's an older method of doing things, but you can get wires looking new again by cleaning them with lacquer thinner. Make sure you wipe then down and let them air dry good so any residual thinner evaporates before starting the engine. I use it on electrical wires so that the original colors cam be exposed. Makes it easier to trace wires and looks like it came right off the assembly line.

A/C hoses are probably dirty as well as greasy. Try what ever cleaner you use for other dirty stuff - Simple Green, Purple Power, etc. You could probably use some Westley's bleach white on them, but you'd have to be careful where it dripped.

I wouldn't go so far as to use tire dressing on them; they were clean, but not shiny when they came off the assembly line.

Ed

I like to take a paper towel and spray...... what else.... WD-40 on it and wipe down the under hood areas of my cars. It leaves a film that attracts dust, but I do it often. This also keeps those bare metal parts from growing hair on them, too.

Don't forget, I'm the guy who opens my hood often enough to see value in putting gauges on the inner fender so the hood really does get opened frequently; opened for pleasurable viewing and a little wiping down, not very often to fix stuff.

Bernie