Torque settings for Chrysler 66 (1930 model)

Guest WallyScott

Guest WallyScott

Can anyone please help me with the following:

Torque settings for the crankshaft bearings

Cylinder head torque setting

Big End torque setting

I have searched all the books I have and cannot find the answers anywhere - I am ready to put the pistons in and need the settings - thanks - Wally

Someone may correct me on this, but I recall reading somewhere that torque wrenches were not used prior to the mid or late 1930's. Did Chrysler use that engine in later applications? That may be your best chance to find possible torque specs.

On cars for which torque settings are not available you can go by standard tables listing max torque for different size nuts and bolts. An industrial supply house that sells nuts, bolts, etc should have such a chart. They also appear in the back pages of old engineering manuals.

Guest WallyScott

Thank you for the info - will pass it on to my husband who is Wally and is 82 and restoring this Chrysler 66 after finishing the family car which he has had in the family since 1937 - he does not use the computer but reads what is on here - he has pulled the motor down on our 1928 Chrysler 52 since he was 12 years old and it runs without a problem but was a bit dubious about this car which we bought in March and was advertised as a restorer's dream lol lol which has turned ut to be a nightmare lol - thanks for the information - Wally

Guest WallyScott

the avatar is a photo of our Chrysler 52 which he has just washed and finished after having a stroke 12 months ago - proud of him we are