What to do on a Saturday?

Guest wildcat465

Guest wildcat465

Invite the Buick Club over.

The Gopher State Chapter started a Coffee and treat get together on the 3rd Saturday of the month a little over a year ago. Donna said: "We should have one at our place."

Today was the day.

So the morning was looking pretty normal at first.

post-42002-143141950064_thumb.jpg

Then they started coming.

post-42002-143141950077_thumb.jpg

So I went back there to see what was going on.

Lo and behold, a raised hood.

post-42002-143141950081_thumb.jpg

Under the hood, a Wildcat465! (And little else)

post-42002-143141950085_thumb.jpg

Gotta love a manual transmission to go with manual steering and brakes!

post-42002-143141950119_thumb.jpg

A 63 Riviera came and joined the 64 and 65.

post-42002-143141950123_thumb.jpg

My back parking area is full now.

post-42002-143141950127_thumb.jpg

Time for the story telling.

post-42002-143141950131_thumb.jpg

Many thanks to the Gopher Staters that came over today. Donna prepared many wonderful refreshments. We also enjoyed the approximately 3000 motorcycles going around the corner by the house on the 8th annual Patriot Ride, lots of noise! The torrential rains came in at 1:00 PM after almost everyone had left, so a perfect day all in all!

Guest wildcat465
Excellent!!! Now that's a perfect way to enjoy Buick friendships! Hats off to Donna for the suggestion and all that cooking. Did you pass the Serbian Brandy round the Wildcat?

Indeed.

That bottle I obtained in Charlotte was fully empty by the middle of our 4th of July party last year!

Thanks for the comments guys, it's really the people we enjoy the most in this club.

Guest Rob McDonald

Wow, if I had a park-like yard like that, I'd fill it will old cars, too. Trouble is, they'd all be "projects" and the landscaping would suffer. You and Donna are terrific gardeners and your friends have some terrific Buicks.

Guest wildcat62
I'd have loved to be there Paul...of course, even that back yard could be filled up if the Syrdals (and adopted Syrdals) brought over their Buicks...

That sounds like a challenge! :D

Dan, Is the BBQ/Show open to the public? If so, how about some info. Paul, as a honorary Syrdal (ask Kris if you disagree), thanks for hosting. It was a great day, a wonderful mix of cars, and no one was badly injured (close, but not quite).

Yes it is. I didn't know if it would be in bad taste to post about it on this forum being that it is not an AACA related event. It is just a place for people who love cars to come show off whatever they may have (original or custom). This year it will be Saturday August 10th. I will post a separate thread with more details if anyone is interested.

That sounds like a challenge! :D

Well, to save me some time (and a lot of gas money), we would first need to understand how many honorary Syrdals there are, then how many drivable Buicks they have. At 20'x10' per spot (have to be able to open those big doors), some simple math would state how many could fit.

Of course, it would be more fun simply to try...perhaps on our way back from South Bend...although I'll only have two in the vicinity at the time...there are 5 more licensed "vintage" Buicks that are being left behind and two relatively modern Buicks. Man alive, this addiction is getting out of hand. Oh yeah, that doesn't count the South Bend Surprise Buick either. Sigh.