Best Method to Remove Rust from Chrome?

Guest bofusmosby

Guest bofusmosby

The purpose of starting this thread was to have all this info on this subject in one thread, so there would be easy reference to this. I'm sure that others have used different methods over the years, and I am interested in hearing about all these methods. Thank you to all that have responded, and please do continue with this.

Don, those hubcaps look great!

I tested Quick-Glow original for the first time on my 1930 Buick headlight bucket.

The chrome under the flange has been protected since 1930.

Judge for yourself. I think the results were incredible!

1) I put Quick-Glow on a clean paper towel and polished in one direction for 20 seconds.

post-63449-143141980892_thumb.jpg

2) I buffed in one direction with a clean paper towel for 10 seconds.

I should have added that I only cleaned a 2" wide vertical strip. Everything to the left of my elbow is untouched.

Edited by Dwight Romberger (see edit history)

An old timer once told me at a very young age years ago that what I needed to get rid of rust was elbow grease. And lots of it. Of course I had to ask him. Where can I buy some of that Mr. Ted. He looked at me funny for a minute and finally said, "It is right there in you sonny. All you have to do is get to it." :o:P ... Everytime my Elbows start to hurt cleaning anything I think of what good old Teddy Ketchel told me. Dandy Dave!