Wanted ...1934 Dodge headlight stand

I am after a left hand headlight stand for a 1934 Dodge ..I washed the car and took it for a run to get fuel and wash it for a show tomorrow 100 miles away ...Luckily it broke when I was almost home and no damage to paint or chrome work on the headlight... I quickly located another stand from a 1934 Plymouth ... painted it black only to find that the ball mount part is to the rear of the stand and not the front. If anyone can help with a left stand or a pair,please message me with a price including postage to Australia.

Sadly I will have to attend the Mid-State Mopars at Bendigo in my 2011 Dodge Calibre and not the 34.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest DodgeKCL

That crankhole cover fits 1933 to 1935 1/2 ton trucks (HC,KC),the setup with the piece connecting the crankhole to the bottom apron on the rad shell, and came from the 1933 cars. As the guys say you should be able to sell a boat load.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Ken Muston
I am after a left hand headlight stand for a 1934 Dodge ..I washed the car and took it for a run to get fuel and wash it for a show tomorrow 100 miles away ...Luckily it broke when I was almost home and no damage to paint or chrome work on the headlight... I quickly located another stand from a 1934 Plymouth ... painted it black only to find that the ball mount part is to the rear of the stand and not the front. If anyone can help with a left stand or a pair,please message me with a price including postage to Australia.

Sadly I will have to attend the Mid-State Mopars at Bendigo in my 2011 Dodge Calibre and not the 34.

Hi Ken, I have a crank hole cover I believe is the same as you have just had made, you can have it. I am searching for the same thing for my 1934 Chrysler Convertible Sedan it has a number 6 on it. :)Ken Muston Shepparton

• 3 weeks later...

Got the left side headlight stand back on and took the Dodge on a club run today ( 115 mile round trip } I will complete the right hand one and then get them both plated ... Great to be back out on the road .... We visited a guy with a great collection of 50`s cars.. Dodges Plymouths .. Buicks ..Caddys an E Type Jag and some neat bikes.post-88994-14314214603_thumb.jpg

post-88994-143142146015_thumb.jpg

post-88994-14314214602_thumb.jpg

post-88994-143142146025_thumb.jpg

I said to my wife if I ever win the lottery I'm buying a huge garage when people can come and go with their cars and work on them, have a bar and coffee shop etc... a great meeting place. ho hum.....next life !

Got the left side headlight stand back on and took the Dodge on a club run today ( 115 mile round trip } I will complete the right hand one and then get them both plated ... Great to be back out on the road .... We visited a guy with a great collection of 50`s cars.. Dodges Plymouths .. Buicks ..Caddys an E Type Jag and some neat bikes.[ATTACH=CONFIG]209223[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]209224[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]209225[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]209226[/ATTACH]

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest mikeburch

I have these early MOPAR headlight stands, but I don't know what they are for.

Are they the same as yours ? 

If not, do you know what they fit ?

mikeburch

post-104199-0-12886000-1440199436_thumb.

post-104199-0-00653000-1440199458_thumb.

post-104199-0-84130000-1440199482_thumb.

post-104199-0-43679700-1440199512_thumb.

post-104199-0-45504200-1440199601_thumb.

post-104199-0-79083400-1440199626_thumb.

Edited by mikeburch (see edit history)

Numbers don't show in my part books but that is not a surprise.  First and third photos are of a 34 Dodge, Passenger side, with horn wire hole.  Fourth photo is of a 34 Plymouth, also passenger side, without the outside horn wire hole, so could be a PE, PF or PG.  Fifth photo looks like a 33-34-first series 35 Dodge truck or perhaps a 33 passenger car.  Neither of the numbers show in any of my Plymouth or Dodge parts books but they are definitely in the right numerical range for 34 Mopars.

I just joined this forum because I recently acquired a '34 Plymouth PE 4dr. sedan which I am trying to put back together in some fashion. I am missing the driver's side (L) headlight stand and it appears to be similar to what is depicted in the third image from the left in the top row in the above post. I am basing this on the fact that it resembles (mirrored) the one that I have for the passenger side ®. The  number on the one I have is 621392 R. On closer examination the underside may not be absolutely identical in every detail of the casting at least from what I can see in the photo. (the bucket which is mounted to this stand  is engraved "Headlamp Tilray 'guide' made in USA" and has the little "arrow" ornamental trim motif on the top). The other bucket  without a stand  is also  missing that little trim piece but shows the holes where it was mounted. Any of those tiny headlamp ornaments floating around? ha ha.  I may have stuff for trading. What I am mostly looking for is driver side headlamp stand for '34 PE or any suggestions for a possible "work around".

zeno

Edited by zeno (see edit history)

I just joined this forum because I recently acquired a '34 Plymouth PE 4dr. sedan which I am trying to put back together in some fashion. I am missing the driver's side (L) headlight stand and it appears to be similar to what is depicted in the third image from the left in the top row in the above post. I am basing this on the fact that it resembles (mirrored) the one that I have for the passenger side ®. The  number on the one I have is 621392 R. On closer examination the underside may not be absolutely identical in every detail of the casting at least from what I can see in the photo. (the bucket which is mounted to this stand  is engraved "Headlamp Tilray 'guide' made in USA" and has the little "arrow" ornamental trim motif on the top). The other bucket  without a stand  is also  missing that little trim piece but shows the holes where it was mounted. Any of those tiny headlamp ornaments floating around? ha ha.  I may have stuff for trading. What I am mostly looking for is driver side headlamp stand for '34 PE or any suggestions for a possible "work around".

zeno

Welcome to the site. Lot of cool stuff here. What part of CA are you in? We're in Jamestown CA.

I'll take a look to see if we have one. What year is your truck? We like to see pictures of your car.

Thanks

Dave

Thanks for the response Dave. My Dodge truck is an early 1942. It is a "street rod" with very little if any alteration to the original body. In order to post any photos of my recently acquired and very "rough" '34 Plymouth sedan I will need a bit of a reminder as to how one does that on this forum. I didn't see any obvious way to do that so I will need to know the secret.  I live in Penngrove which is near Petaluma California.

I am sure I will learn how to do it when I put in the time to learn.  btw, how difficult would it be to re do all the guts in the '34 headlamps. Seems like it might be difficult to find all the inside parts. The one that I have for the passenger side including the stand seems to have already been retrofitted for sealed beam, but everything in front of that adapter kit  can is missing, whatever it was to hold in the sealed beam and trim it off. I don't think this style headlamp had an outside rim.  I have another pair of headlamps which are longer and will not work with my '34, but one of those has another passenger side stand and seems to be entirely complete and does have a finishing outside rim, and the other  incomplete long one has some dinging on the back tip at the apex of the cone. Once I know what these are, the pair may be available. On that one the  stand does have the hole on the side of the stand and the whole headlamp is significantly longer, so much so that I would not be able to open my hood on the '34 if I used them. Someone before me acquired a bunch of extra things for this project and then gave up on it, I acquired it with the inside of the car stuffed with a bunch of things, running boards, extra doors, headlamps, rear fenders, etc. I have just now unpacked the car and put some temporary wheels and tires on the car so I can roll it around while working on it. Hopefully this project will not take 10 years like my '41 WC. I call that truck a '41 because I got vanity plates before I actually looked up the date by VIN # and wanted it to be '41 because I myself am a '41. Turns out it is an early '42 and I had the '50 date on the pink slip corrected, long story.  :)