Glovebox liner replacement/light location?

Adambravo

So, after finally getting my glovebox open (http://forums.aaca.org/f177/1963-riviera-glovebox-lid-wont-open-351514.html?highlight=glovebox+liner), I noticed my glovebox liner was in pretty bad shape. I ordered an A/C compatible liner from OPGI; there's a larger round hole (silver dollar-ish) in the top of the liner, and a smaller hole (dime-ish) on the back (it's actually perforated). I'm trying to figure out where the glovebox light goes, and what the metal clip is supposed to clip onto; I'm hoping someone can simply post a photo of their empty glovebox to give me a clue. Thanks in advance...

The light shines down from the top. The clip for the light slips over the cardboard liner in the top hole.

If you find one of Jim Cannon's threads, you'll see that one of the things he tracks for mid-year changes on the 63's is the light in the glove box. Originally there was just a hole, later a lens in a chrome ring was added to "class" it up a bit. I can't picture the other hole you're describing. IMHO most of OPGI's parts are kind of weird to begin with.

Ed

Thanks. Never had a lens in my car (and it does have the finned, not smooth, aluminum trim; I thought it was built late in the year); you can see the other hole--not 'punched out'--in the top photo on the back wall of the glovebox liner.

Thanks. Never had a lens in my car (and it does have the finned, not smooth, aluminum trim; I thought it was built late in the year); you can see the other hole--not 'punched out'--in the top photo on the back wall of the glovebox liner.

What is your FB number?

The metal clip just slips over the edge of the hole. The light is up above the liner and shines down through the hole.

I can provide pictures if required. Let me know. Look in the shop manual, too.