My DB's First Car Show

JayG

I've only had my 25 Roadster since August of last year. The trust factor isn't there yet but today I got adventurous and drove it to a Wings and Wheels benefit show at a local airport. The round trip is about 18 miles. Downhill going and uphill coming home. With temps hovering around 90 today it added to the possibility of something going wrong. I teamed up with my cousin who agreed to follow me in his 50 Desoto. Needless to say it was an uneventful trip and one that I hope to repeat through the summer.

Just wanted to share my experience and a photo. Jaypost-86886-143141926542_thumb.jpg

post-86886-143141928845_thumb.jpg

Bill and Ian - Here are a few more pics from the show. The first is my cousin and his son. The other is a shot of my best side taken from the Desoto. It was funny to see the number of people that were fascinated by the motometer. I think more pictures were taken of that than the car itself.

Joe - We've met. I spoke with you at the Southbury show last Sept. I didn't have my car roadworthy at the time. You had your 23. Glastonbury is a distance for me especilly since it would require some highway. I'm going to try for Southbury and the one in Simsbury center in July. Do you go to the Klingberg show in New Britain?

post-86886-143141928838_thumb.jpg