1965 Center Console Courtesy Light Lens Replacement

48Super

I'd like to replace the ratty looking courtesy light lens in the rear of the center console on my '65. Unfortunately, it looks like you need to have microscopic hands to get at the fasteners OR you need to practically remove the entire console to gain better access. Does anyone have a better shortcut method or suggestions on how to do this without taking everything apart? Thanks in advance for your help.

The lenses are held in by 3 small tabs that point outward from the lens and into the chrome housing. No disassembly of anything is required to replace bulb or lens. Slip the tip of a small flat screwdriver in between lens and housing and pry gently. That moves the tab away from the housing and the lens comes right out. Replace the 2 lenses in the rear sail plane by the rear window for a fresh clean look. Let me know if you need new lenses.

By the way, I got a reproduction rear lens and it looks nice but it is not the same shape as the original. It does not have the face dished in slightly like the original. Try to find a good used original if you can.