For Sale - 1923 Model 45 Buick Parts

Brian_Heil

I've had some parts 'find me' so to speak. Here's what's available that I don't need and most importantly want to get in the hands of those who do.

- All four fenders (have pix) some minor dents and surface rust but very serviceable, fronts include

headlamp mounts

- Lower Radiator Splash Pan that goes between the front fenders and covers the frame horns (have pix)

- Both left and right side Splash Pan (body panel that goes between the running board and body) (have

pix)

- Top Irons - Looks to be complete set (have pix)

- 4 Wheels/Rims/Hubs/Wedges complete 2 Front 2 Rear, tight and in good shape (have pix)

- Front Axle Assembly less springs

- 4 Coker 33x41/2 B.F. Goodrich Tires like new w/ flaps and tubes (have pix)

Please send me an email to the address below and we can discuss your needs and prices. I'm not going to get rich on this stuff, just cover my 1200 mile gas to go shag it and a motel room + my cost (if I'm lucky).

Can deliver to South Bend National Meet (and you West Coasters might be able to cut a deal with Mark Shaw who is trailering out to South Bend and back from Washington State for shipping and his fuel bill.) Plus I have trips planned to Winston-Salem, NC and Maryland and all points in between from Flint and could deliver or meet up part way.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)

Brian to you have the top iron hold down clamps? I'm missing one correct one so I would be interested in these.

I've had some parts 'find me' so to speak. Here's what's available that I don't need and most importantly want to get in the hands of those who do.

- All four fenders (have pix) some minor dents and surface rust but very serviceable, fronts include

headlamp mounts

- Lower Radiator Splash Pan that goes between the front fenders and covers the frame horns (have pix)

- Both left and right side Splash Pan (body panel that goes between the running board and body) (have

pix)

- Top Irons - Looks to be complete set (have pix)

- 4 Wheels/Rims/Hubs/Wedges complete 2 Front 2 Rear, tight and in good shape (have pix)

- Front Axle Assembly less springs

- 4 Coker 33x41/2 B.F. Goodrich Tires like new w/ flaps and tubes (have pix)

Please send me an email to the address below and we can discuss your needs and prices. I'm not going to get rich on this stuff, just cover my 1200 mile gas to go shag it and a motel room + my cost (if I'm lucky).

Can deliver to South Bend National Meet (and you West Coasters might be able to cut a deal with Mark Shaw who is trailering out to South Bend and back from Washington State for shipping and his fuel bill.) Plus I have trips planned to Winston-Salem, NC and Maryland and all points in between from Flint and could deliver or meet up part way.

Tom - I do have a set of top rests, (in fact forgot I had them until you asked, they came in a box of stuff 16 years ago when I got my car ). They look close/correct but I've never had them on my car. Let me dig them out and take some pix for you. The stem on the rests that goes into the body seems too large for my car too. If I remember correctly.

Stem is 3/4 inch round, just measured it. Here are the pix.post-44136-143141925237_thumb.jpg

Mark Shaw may still have a set for a 1924 Model 45 from a parts car he has.

post-44136-143141925226_thumb.jpg

Brian those look correct ....the the 1923 model 45 and 49 used the same the model 55 was different. The ones on my car model 49 are incorrect too small to clamp and the make the top sit too high in the cradle.

send me a PM or give me a call to discuss terms

thanks

Tom. let me also dig around at my 'supplier', he may have a correct set and not even know it. It will be a few weeks until I visit.

• 2 weeks later...

Wanted to give this one more push before I head to get these parts.

Front (under radiator) Splash Pan has been spoken for, as have the 4 tire/rim/wheels also.

Tom and I have also worked out a deal on the Top Rests I have.

All the other parts are still available. I will not be bringing home the fenders due to the high cost from the seller (two parties were interested in them but not at the price I was having to pay (and I can't blame them)).

I'll roll the dice and purchase the top iron set and the left and right rocker splash panels and maybe have a future buyer.

I have no idea how these guys who haul a trailer full of parts around all summer to shows/meets make any money. One trip with two pre-paid buyers and I'm still way in the hole. Guess I'll keep my day job.

• 3 weeks later...

These parts (less the fenders that were over priced) are now at my home in Fenton 1208 miles later. Not nearly as far as Dandy Dave went for his stuff but far enough for me in 48 hrs.

4 wheel assemblies and the front mud apron have been spoken and paid for and will be delivered to South Bend. Who needs the other parts? Don't be shy!

Someone called me asking about rear gas tank end covers and the little splash pans that go between the rear fender and the gas tank end covers. He has all of these too but they go with the rear fenders. $$$$

I feel better having seen what was left of the 'donor' car. Every scrap of wood in the Model 45 was gone, the body tub had been removed and left outside for decades but the chassis was in a barn. What the owner did with what was left (frame, rad, cowl, hood and shortened tub (it ended life as a farm truck like so many Buicks)) is really pretty cool. He took the stock frame and added a 60s Ford rear end that bolted right up to the existing Buick rear springs. Bolted up a Chevy truck straight axle up front also with no modifications as the spring perches on the axle also matched the Buick springs. (Both I find amazing but true). After market disc brakes up front to fit the chey truck spindles. He had an early 60s Chevy Truck straight six that he bored to 320 CID, high compression pistons, hot cam, and dual 2 bbl carbs, header with a cut-out. Roared like a beast. The best part is the rear boat tail is a cut and modified 40s Ford hood (backwards), what a great way to get that look on a budget. Chevy truck 4 speed too.

I will post pix soon.

He's 76 years young and works his construction business 6 days a weeks and wrenches on the Buick at night and has several other cars too.

Edited by Brian_Heil (see edit history)