2013 South Bend, IN National Meet - PWD Dinner and Who's Going and What Are You Bringing?

Brian_Heil

One thing I need to work on with our President, Mark Shaw is our Dinner plans and and a venue. First off, Mr. President, what evening?

Anyone from the South Bend area who has a good idea for a dinner venue, please chime in.

My very understanding and lovely wife Cristine will be driving with me in our 1923 Model 45 the ~215 miles from Fenton, Mi to South Bend, IN on Thursday. God and Buick willing, we will arrive mid afternoon Thursday.

Brian and Cristine Heil

Brian, Jack and Mark,

We also need to set up our PWD Heatquarters. I will be arriving about noon Wednesday. I will be bringing a 10'x 10' Pop-Up, and the banner. Based on the heat last year, I think it is good to have an inside table set up for questions/ etc. and relocate outside with the cars as appropriate. Have we spoken to Mike/Nancy about a place and time for any meeting inside, as usual, around the time when the other groups meet. If you want, I would be glad to coordinate this with them as I did in Concord and Danvers.I think we should not interfere with the Friday BBQ by the Heritage fund raiser, or just get a separate seeting area there as we did in Concord. Let me know what you would like me to do.

John

Brian, make sure you have me on the tour list. My '32 Sedan and my wife, Bea, so I can likely take two others, at least in part of he journey.

John

I spoke with Nancy Book earlier today and asked for assistance in finding a dinner meeting location in SB. She indicated she would consult with others and advise.

Stay tuned on this issue...

I am a fan of having a central meeting place for the PWD outside with the prewar cars during the meet. I brought an umbrella in Colorado Springs like Brian did in Flint. If you have a pop up John, that should be enough to provide a shaded place for us to congregate near the cars. Otherwise, we will need someone to man the inside space separately.