1971 Riviera - what price to ask?

Guest LifeisRich

Guest LifeisRich

Greetings-

Can anyone suggest a fair asking price for my '71 Rivi? The engine was overhauled 10,000 miles ago, I have all papers, it runs well. Body is straight, never wrecked, all stock. Otherwise it's a worn puppy. It needs (copper mist) paint and minor spots of body and rust repair, needs (white) vinyl top, bumpers have small dents, interior worn, crack in front windshield. Transmission seal has leaked for last ten years. On-line estimates from Hagarty and NADA ranged from $19k for restored premo Rivs to around $5k for the lowest category for my area, So. Cal. Am selling because I am moving.

What would be a fair price? Thanks in advance,

Best,

LifeisRich

Huntington Beach

Yes pictures of exterior, interior, engine and trunk would be most helpful. Prices can vary alot and your perception of condition can be quite different than others so pics pull your written words together.

If you have digital pics but aren't sure how to post them you can email them to me and I'll post them for you. Use the Private Message option through this forum by clicking on my screen name and I'll send you my email. A word of caution that when it comes to Rivieras, I have found the prices guides most often list higher than reality numbers for all but the most special cars. What price guides can't do is tell you how long it will take to get the price they state and what marketing tools you need to use. The time frame in which you need to sell will also come into play on your asking price.