1934 BB Dump Truck

Guest tsacchi

Guest tsacchi

I just bought a 1934 Ford BB Dump truck. Does anyone know what the lever on the gearshift that runs down into the trans is? The trans has a PTO that runs the dump.post-87825-143141895828_thumb.jpg

post-87825-14314189581_thumb.jpg

Guest tsacchi

Thanks Alfre. You helped out bunch. The truck has been sitting for about 45 years. Just have to get the flathead rebuilt, then see how it drives.

Guest tsacchi

I bought the truck with just a bill of sale. The guy told me it was a 34. The grill is just sitting their. Their is no radiator.

When the hood is closed, it does not seem to fit. The hood seems wider. Do you know how I can find out by the vin # ?

I am working on a 32 BB at this time and it looks close to yours the side panels have strate lovers like a model A and there is no place for an emblem,the radiator grill is strate up and down and almost flat.

Al

It's almost certain that you have a 32 grille shell on a 34 hood. The trucks are virtually the same except for these items. I think there is very slight differences between the moldings on the back of the cab and I'm not sure if the cowls are the same so the wrong hood might not fit the cab. In the pickup the gas tank moved behind the rear axle but in the big truck it remains under the seat. It sounds like if you got a 34 grille and radiator you'd be raring to go.

Guest tsacchi

I checked the VIN # on the bell housing & the frame. They both match & come back as a 1934. The grill shell is a little tweaked but the Pantene seems to match the rest of the truck. I am going to have to take a closer look at the grill.