1953 Dynaflow Speedometer hookup part

WillBilly53

Was going to hookup the speedometer cable but noticed the Dynaflow seems to be missing a part? Could someone take a look at the photo and tell me if there is a threaded part that goes where I've indicated. And then the cable screws on to said part? Do I have the installation procedure correct in my head? And if so, any ideas where I might pick this part up? Thanks!

post-31222-143141892983_thumb.jpg

Guest shadetree77

Now they changed the Dynaflow somewhat between '52 and '53 so I don't know if this is exactly what yours should look like. Hope this helps.

post-75106-143141893274_thumb.jpg

Excellent! Yep, that seems to be the part, Robert, thank you for the photo. Thanks Leif for the detailed information and thank you Mike for the confirmation. My memory is a little swiss cheesy - I'll double check through my big vortex that is my garage of parts and make sure I didn't "used to" have it. If not I'll give Ken a try. Thanks again all!

Clean it and dip it in trans fluid and put it on place.There are trans fluid insaid the threaded hole that will "grease" it when driving the car.

TexasJohn55,thanks for your consideration.As you have seen I have my limits with 1920s and mid 50s Buick:s.

Leif in Sweden.