Engine builder need

cricket-ny

Hello all,

New to the forum but not to AACA. In the process of rebuilding my 1929 Essex Challenger and looking for a reliable builder,preferably, in New York state that has experience pouring Babbitt Bearings. So far I have not had much luck. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I am located in Central New York near Syracuse.

Thanks,

Cricket-ny

Guest 51c8Joe

Try the Classic Cars. com Hudson forum at Hudson Discussions on Classic Car Forum someone there will know who is the best Terraplane splasher fixer. You might get more of a response here if you post to the Hudson Essex & Terraplane forum. Not as well visited as the Classic Car site, but lots of traffic specific to HET.

Joe

Thanks for the responses. I had talked to the Babbitt pot many many years ago but was recently told it had closed down. I will look into this as I know from past information that they do good work. I will also check with people described in the Pierce Arrow post above. Again thank you for the leads.

Chris

Hello all,

New to the forum but not to AACA. In the process of rebuilding my 1929 Essex Challenger and looking for a reliable builder,preferably, in New York state that has experience pouring Babbitt Bearings. So far I have not had much luck. Any leads would be greatly appreciated. I am located in Central New York near Syracuse.

Thanks,

Cricket-ny

J & M Machine is the best there is out that way.

They are in Southborough, Ma.

They do all Babbitt, and modern Engines, and have all state of the Art Machines.

jandm-machine.com Phone is 508-460-0733

Check out the web. site, and you will see what I mean.

Herm.