55 Buick Special Riviera

Guest dakotaskin

Guest dakotaskin

Trying to sell this car for a friends mother (2nd owner). Car has been inside and covered, it runs and is very straight. Original condition with no body damage, interior is original and in good shape except for 1 hole in the seat. Would love for a little help on what this car is actually worth.

Dakotaskin, if you really want some advice on the value of the car you will need to describe it in much more detail. What model is it IE Special, Century, Super or Roadmaster, how many doors, is it a hard top or does it have a post in the windows between the front and rear seats. Pictures would help tremendously. If you have trouble posting them here, if you can email them to me at 1954buick@gmail.com I'll be glad to post them for you.

Please click this link and go there and read the rules for posting in the Buy/Sale forum > http://forums.aaca.org/f117/please-read-guide-buick-buy-sell-343863.html

Guest dakotaskin

Thanks, it is a 4 door hardtop with 70,000 miles it is a Special Riviera, Series 40. V8 with 2 speed automatic trans. also has the continental package. I did try to email you pictures but they come back as undeliverable. I will try again

I received the pictures but they are in PDF format which is not a valid format here. I tried to convert them but it would not allow without a paid subscription? So I printed, scanned and saved to a jpg. Beautiful car. Here are a couple of guides to give some indication of value. 1955 Buick 40 Special Riviera 4 Door Hardtop Value, Prices & Specs | NADAguides | NADA 1955 Buick 40 Special Riviera Book Value & 1955 Buick 40 Special Riviera Market Price

http://www.hagerty.com/price-guide/1955-Buick-Special

83423876.jpg

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)

I received the pictures but they are in PDF format which is not a valid format here. I tried to convert them but it would not allow without a paid subscription? So I printed, scanned and saved to a jpg. Beautiful car. Here are a couple of guides to give some indication of value. 1955 Buick 40 Special Riviera 4 Door Hardtop Value, Prices & Specs | NADAguides | NADA 1955 Buick 40 Special Riviera Book Value & 1955 Buick 40 Special Riviera Market Price

1955 Buick Special | Hagerty

83423876.jpg

Mr. Earl, you should google how to use the Microsoft Snipping tool, it will keep you from ever going through all that pain again.

Bests,

Eric

Guest Rob McDonald

Handsome car - and I think the scanned photos look suitably 50s-period. As common as dark red has always been on Buicks and every other kind of car, I don't remember ever before seeing a '54 to '57 Buick painted top to bottom in dark red. It was always available - Titian Red in '54 and '55, Claret Red in '55, although '57s Garnet Red was more dark copper than red. Too bad, though, about the unsightly growth on the rear bumper.