Need brake line nut for 1930 Plymouth

hursst

I'm looking for a 5/8" brake line nut for a 1930 Plymouth for a 5/16" copper brake line, or info on any suppliers/people that may have them available. This piece goes from the bottom of the brake fluid reservoir to the upper copper brake line, which in turn, snakes down to the master cylinder. Yes, I'm aware of the safety risks with copper lines and may replace them with cunifer lines. Thanks for any leads!<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

You could probably make all your lines from the standard flexible lines available in different lengths at the auto stores. I made all the brake and fuel lines for my '36 from them and just cut the long nuts off and replaced them with the short ones before flaring. I could make most all the bends easily with the exception of the 5/16, tight bends require a bender. It would be a lot cheaper than buying the Cunifer lines! Some of the lines were long enough I didn't have to cut them.

post-33734-143141840886_thumb.jpg

post-33734-143141840895_thumb.jpg

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.
Check the local hardware store plumbing supplies. This line not under pressure in the 1929. frank

Hi, Try Classicandexotic.com They have a full line of rare Lockheed brake parts. You can view an online catalog of all their parts.

Guest 28 Plymouth cpe.

I made all my lines with correct fittings in copper. They say that copper is soft and not safe but that is the way the car came from the factory and that is the way it is staying. I have had the car judged and no one has said anything about it. I drive it about 400 or 500 miles a year and go on National 4 cyl. tours and it is fine.

Thanks for all the posts!

Frank29u, thanks for the tip about the upper line not being under pressure. That didn't even occur to me, so that line stays.

28Ply cpe., thanks for the link. They have the copper tubing in my size I need (I have a kinked lower tube that should probably be replaced), so that's extremely helpful. I'll have to call them about the line nut. I didn't see it on their site; only saw 1/4" on there.

Regards.

Wow, really like that '28 with the black and blue paint! Beautiful car.