1933 PD Plymouth bee hive glove box pictures

1935EB

Given that these were made out of a compressed paper material I wonder how many have survived. The dimension of the bracket on the large side is 3 x 2 3/4 in and the small surface is 3 x 1 1/2 in. looks to be 18 or 20 gage flat stock. The dimension of the bee hive is 5 inch x 10 1/2 wide x 11 1/2 in deep.post-86357-143141838198_thumb.jpg Inside is painted black. Hope this is helpful, Chris

post-86357-143141838182_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143141838189_thumb.jpg

post-86357-143141838193_thumb.jpg

The fact that these appear to be one piece would make it hard to duplicate. It looks like something that could be reproduced in fiberglass handlayed over a wooden form or vacuformed in plastic then maybe flocking the interior. It might be tough trying to make one from the doorboard or cardboard in that exact shape. I don't imagine that there's alot of these surviving.

Don't know how many survive, but the one in my '33 is in at least as good a condition as the one in the photo. I would think that it would be pretty easy to make one up using grade school paper mache techniques. Time consuming part would be making up a form.

The little "L" shaped bracket mounts to the firewall. Does anyone know what type of screws and if the nut is inside or outside?

I don't see those screws in the parts book, so don't have a definitive answer to what they should be.

Mine is mounted with #10 fine thread screws with the nut on the engine side of the firewall. Everything was apart on my car, so that could be wrong. And it has been a long time since I put it back together and don't remember why I used that fastener. Generally I kept the fasteners with the part(s) they came with, so it is likely that the #10 fine thread is correct. However I was lax in documenting the direction of a number of fasteners so I could well have it wrong on the direction they were installed.