Dodge Interior Kits?

fozz71

I have a 1926 and EVERYTHING on the interior is custom made! I am not aware of anyone doing Dodge Brothers interior kits. Depending on current shop prices plan on spending $3-5K. Add a little more if it's leather.

My parents had a upholstery business and I still have the sewing machine. I plan on learning how to sew when I retire!

Good to know- I haven't ever had a '28 sedan and especially not Dodge so I wanted to ask and see what was out there. My family had a drapery business years ago and we sold all those machines for pennies- I wish I had known then what I know now. That was pre-Internet days and nobody around wanted 1940's to 1950's era machines- very sad in retrospect. Thanks for the tip!

That's a nice Dodge you have. I'm sorry that I don't know of a kit for that interior. I had a '30 Buick 4-door sedan that I restored back in the '70's and I bought the yardage of grey mohair from a New York firm and had a local auto upholstery shop do it. I seem to remember it was around $1000. in 1973. It was beautiful though. That was seats, headliner, carpeting and panels. If you've got the original pieces of upholstery to use as a template, LeBaron-Bonney will sell the fabric and possibly make up some of the pieces for you to install it. Good luck!

I couldn't find the blue-green mohair my '29 had at Lebaron Bonney, but a local upholstery shop had it....the uphostery shop said they could do the interior, but I also found a local old uphostery / trim shop that said they could do it too.....I couldn't find a matching windlace, so I guess that will have to be custom as well.

Jim, I'm sorry to hear LeBaron-Bonney couldn't help out. As I remember, there was an advertiser in the older Hemmings Motor News of a company called "Stitts" that specialized in old auto fabric restorations. Don't know if they're still around. The windlace will be a problem to find as you stated. You may need to vary a bit from original, I hate to say it..but what else can one do these days? Matching the color would be the big obstacle. The green "Pullman" mohair IS available, though not a blue-green. Best regards, Pete.