1928 Dodge Victory 6 Touring

Guest 28touring

Guest 28touring

Help!! I have a 28 victory 6 touring and I believe I have the incorrect wire rims on this car. The rim is 19" with a hole pattern of 5-1/2" and hubcap opening of 5-5/8". Could somebody help identify this rim. And...does anyone know where I can get (5) wire rims and hubcaps for this car?

Thanks

Edited by 28touring (see edit history)

Guest 28touring

All of the 1928 Dodge pics I have appear to have smaller hubs, apparently the 1929 hub opening should be 4-1/2 inches and mine are 5-5/8"....this car should have 1929 rims on the car because there weren't anymore 1928 wire rims left in production. My car shipped here from Argentina, is a touring car, is right hand drive by production, and apparently there are only three known in the U.S. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Guest 28touring

Do you know how I would go about identifying the rims I have? I see you have a 31 dodge, could you tell me the I.D. of the hubcap opening is, is it 5-5/8"? Perhaps I have a set of wire rims? Would you be opposed to a phone conversation?

Edited by 28touring (see edit history)

Do you know how I would go about identifying the rims I have? I see you have a 31 dodge, could you tell me the I.D. of the hubcap opening is, is it 5-5/8"? Perhaps I have a set of wire rims? Would you be opposed to a phone conversation?

My 1931 rims have 5 holes with a 6" hubcap opening. Call if you like. (541)535-1890 John

• 1 month later...
Guest panamajd

I have pictures of the original wheels on my original un-restored '28 Victory 6 4dr. I can't get them uploaded (probably me) but I can send them to you if needed.

I have pictures of the original wheels on my original un-restored '28 Victory 6 4dr. I can't get them uploaded (probably me) but I can send them to you if needed.

Limiting your photo pixel sizes to 2000 pixels in BOTH directions should help the photos load. If you cannot do that, send them to me and I will post them here. John

keiser31@charter.net

Guest panamajd
Limiting your photo pixel sizes to 2000 pixels in BOTH directions should help the photos load. If you cannot do that, send them to me and I will post them here. John

keiser31@charter.net

Thanks John! This is the original from my 28 Victory 6.

post-92936-143141869826_thumb.jpg

Assuming your car came with wire wheels, they would have been like panamajd's which are Budd wheels. As noted they would have a five bolt pattern. I wonder if the hubs and drums have been changed on your car during some desparate attempt to get it rolling.

Can you post pix of the hubs/drums.

These wheels, like these cars are extremely scarce and usually fragile from rust out.

Tom

• 4 weeks later...
Guest dbtimesthree
Help!! I have a 28 victory 6 touring and I believe I have the incorrect wire rims on this car. The rim is 19" with a hole pattern of 5-1/2" and hubcap opening of 5-5/8". Could somebody help identify this rim. And...does anyone know where I can get (5) wire rims and hubcaps for this car?

Thanks

Hi The pictures of the orange wheels are definately not correct, much later. The correct wheel is 19 inch, straight sided with a lock ring. If you are a club member, my email is in the front of the magazine, email me, and I will send you correct pictures. hubcaps are reproduced, easy to get, wheels will take a little time to get, I dont have any extras at the moment.

Bill

Tech Advisor

Standard Six.