Need 1923 -45 McLaughlin Buick top irons

Guest quesneler

Guest quesneler

I purchased a 1923-45S McLaughlin Buick in rough shape. I need the top irons, a rad cap, driver's side rear fender and the lower front windshield frame. Any leads out there?

Guest quesneler

Yes John it is. I didn't actually think about asking you because you have done so many things already. But, if you don't mind doing that, I would be very appreciative since mine is not in tact and getting an accurate measurement may be difficult. I only have the two pieces that are attached to the vertical arms on each side. the whole bottom length is gone.

So, yours is a right hand drive eh? Mine is a left.

If you need any help with measurements, pics, etc just let me know, be glad to help. I have a 23-45S, right hand drive.

Sig, is this you?

Yes John it is. I didn't actually think about asking you because you have done so many things already. But, if you don't mind doing that, I would be very appreciative since mine is not in tact and getting an accurate measurement may be difficult. I only have the two pieces that are attached to the vertical arms on each side. the whole bottom length is gone.

So, yours is a right hand drive eh? Mine is a left.

I have what I believe to be some parts and pieces to a 1922 McLaughlin top Iron set. If needed send me a PM and I will send pictures of what I have left

You can take dimensions and pattern, and NC Industries can fabricate a new frame.

N/C Industries Antique Auto Parts - Home

The mentioned John for top irons has patterns for just about every car made, and irons are very reasonably priced. No, I get nothing from it, just saying that it's easier to deal with new irons than try to get a warped, rusty set to fit....

Sig, I live in Summerland and have some parts from 25 master series cars ie fenders. Also have a partial set of top bows. send me an email to lsrumpf(at)shaw.ca and I can send some pictures. I am not sure if the 25 fenders are the same as 23. I am pretty sure your tops bows have the short nickel plated sockets with wood bows. Leon

Guest quesneler
Sig, I live in Summerland and have some parts from 25 master series cars ie fenders. Also have a partial set of top bows. send me an email to lsrumpf(at)shaw.ca and I can send some pictures. I am not sure if the 25 fenders are the same as 23. I am pretty sure your tops bows have the short nickel plated sockets with wood bows. Leon

Thanks for the reply. I'm here in Quesnel, just south of Prince George. All of my fenders are bad but the rear driver's is in 3 pieces. I have now top bows at all yet, but I have pictures of what they should look like. I'd love to see a picture of your '25.

Sig, we are not that far from each other. I did send you a private message through this site but it would be easier for me to attach pictures to an email. Just send me a short note to lsrumpf(at)shaw.ca just replace the (at) with @ and we can continue from there. More than glad to help out if I can. Leon

Edited by garnetkid (see edit history)

Guest quesneler
Sig, we are not that far from each other. I did send you a private message through this site but it would be easier for me to attach pictures to an email. Just send me a short note to lsrumpf(at)shaw.ca just replace the (at) with @ and we can continue from there. More than glad to help out if I can. Leon

I tried lsrumpf@shaw.ca several times but kept getting a message that it wouldnet go through. Try emailing me at sigtilsner@sd28.bc.ca .

• 2 months later...
Guest Corkcab

Hi Folks

Hope to get working on an 1923 Buick and we are also looking for windscreen & uprights among several other pieces. Just wondering how quesneler got on .post-93498-143141913282_thumb.jpg

All we have is rhs upright

Regards

post-93498-143141913274_thumb.jpg

post-93498-143141913279_thumb.jpg

Guest quesneler

I have the top irons now. I still need the botom windshield and the two little rods that the top irons fit on. I have the front two where the irons rest but need the actual one that the mechanical irons fit on.

Your project looks nice. your car is in way better shape than mine. I see that it is also a right wheel drive. Is your motor loose or running?

=Corkcab;1172398]Hi Folks

Hope to get working on an 1923 Buick and we are also looking for windscreen & uprights among several other pieces. Just wondering how quesneler got on .[ATTACH=CONFIG]194528[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]194529[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]194530[/ATTACH]

All we have is rhs upright

Regards

Guest Corkcab

We got the engine running, we were told that it was reconditioned in recent past and it looks very clean so that might be correct. We were at a show last sunday & we met someone there who thinks that he might have a windscreen frame but we are still short the left-hand side upright to hold the windscreen.All we have is the right-hand side one looking very lonely standing there on its own.

Guest quesneler

Yes they will. Are you offering to part with them?QUOTE=Brian_Heil;1174597]Will 1923 Buick Six Cylinder (Model 45) Rear Fenders Fit?

Guest Corkcab

Update on requirements, we think that we have windscreen frame, still looking of left side upright for windscreen. Guidance on upholstery both seating & door upholstery , roof irons and a supplier for roof.

Regards

Noel

I know of a set of complete roof irons for a 1923 Model 45 including the wood header. They will not fit the 35 but could be modified since everything on the 35 is smaller. Let me know what you think. The price was $150. The shipping cost would be awful I'm certain.